Nobody knows my reputation.

Friday, August 12, 2005

How Do You Say? Oh Yes...

I'm doing WAY too much thinking before 9am.

This morning, I'm at Starbucks ordering my signature triple grande, extra caramel, light foam, caramel macchiato with two raw sugars.

Make something of it.

Anyway, you know how the barista yells out your drink when it's crowded? Well, when she announces my order, instead of saying "car-a-mel" like I would, she says "carmull."

Not that it's the first time I've ever made note of this phenomenon. But it got me wondering why people pronounce certain words the way they do. Like:

AUNT
- do you it pronounce it "awnt" or "ant?"
WATER - does it sound more like "wahh-ter" or "warter?"
CARAMEL - is it "car-a-mel" or "car-mull?"

Just asking.

 


Advanced beyond all that you can possibly comprehend with 100% of your brain.










<< # Bitch Club ? >>