Nobody knows my reputation.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Love Me Some Chick-Fil-A

This is what happened on my way to interview with AOL this morning. Serves me right for trying to find another job...

The interview was slated for 10am so I left my house almost TWO HOURS early. Plenty of time to make a good impression, right? Of course not.

I'm on the Beltway headed toward Silver Spring when a wall of traffic hits me. We creep along at some limp-limbed pace with no sign of a break. Little did I know I'd be sitting in traffic for another 1.5 hours. It's 9:25 and I haven't even made it into Northern Virginia yet!

I'm deciding whether or not to call AOL and cancel the whole thing when the need to pee becomes so overwhelming that I almost tossed myself out of a moving car and ran into the bushes. I'm all the way over in the left lane...the next exit isn't for a few miles...sweet Lord, my head is about to explode!!!

After an eternity I managed to maneuver onto the first available exit ramp - only to hit more traffic. I finally spot a row of fast food places, so I shove my car into a parking garage, grab my purse and haul ass up the block. I'm in an all out pee-dance sprint when I pass a couple of bewildered security guys:

Me: "Where'sthenearestbathroom??Igottagosobad!!!"
Security Guy: "Uhhhh, there's a Chick-Fil-A at the corner, right up the block."
Me: "Thankyousomuch!!!Excuseme..."

I bolted up the street, tossed myself into the Chick-Fil-A and careened toward the restroom. [Wouldn't you KNOW there'd be some smarmy guys trying to push up on me! Who's gnawing on chicken at 10am, anyway??] I park myself in a stall and take care of business. Dear mother of heaven, sweet relief at last!!!


Of course, they were out of toilet paper.

 


Advanced beyond all that you can possibly comprehend with 100% of your brain.










<< # Bitch Club ? >>