Nobody knows my reputation.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Do I Have to Be Here?

Can I just tell you how much I don't want to be working right now?

And by "working" I don't mean gainfully employed. I mean actually sitting here with work to do. Because I don't want to do it. And I'm just staring at it. And it won't go away.

You've had those days, right? When even the smallest request from a coworker makes you want to find their mother and curse her out? When the sound of a ringing phone is so infuriating that you wanna yank it out of the wall and hurl it across the office?

Hell, for some of us, that's everyday.

And on days like this it's always the stupid stuff that winds up in your inbox. Somebody left out a comma. Somebody else doesn't like the color red. Somebody's manager wants to read it in Spanish - do any of these sound like an issue I need to be dealing with??

People advise you to rest your eyes, take a walk, go outside and get some air. But who is going to be responsible for making sure you actually come back?? Besides, if I return to find some project folder in my chair, it's likely to end up in the trash.

Just like this: http://www.widro.com/throwpaper.html

 


Advanced beyond all that you can possibly comprehend with 100% of your brain.










<< # Bitch Club ? >>